We provide pregnancy yoga classes in Muswell Hill, North London. Pregnancy yoga is a very nurturing and enjoyable practice, with focus on breath, movement and relaxation. Yoga during pregnancy keeps your constantly changing body supple and strong. It works with the physical and emotional changes the body experiences throughout the different stages of pregnancy. It helps you to develop a relationship with your baby growing inside you and specific yoga techniques and breathing will prepare you for the birth and beyond.
Women can reconnect with their bodies during the pregnancy period when the body is changing. Our aim is to support them through their pregnancy with the minimal discomfort. Relaxation and breathing techniques/pranayama as well as pelvic floor exercises will be taught for the best support during labour and post-delivery period.
Pregnancy yoga benefits include:
• Feeling re-balanced and reconnected
• Asanas/Postures with Pranayama/breathing techniques will increase energy and help focus while dealing with pain
• Keeps the body supple without straining
• Helps relieve stress and anxiety and aid relaxation
• Strengthening the trunk (core), relieving back pain
• Promotes awareness of the pelvic floor in preparation for labour and for post natal recovery
• Promotes deep relaxation and aids restful sleep
• Relieves common minor ailments during pregnancy (e.g. swollen joints, heartburn, constipation)
• Helps the expectant mother to bond with their unborn baby by using visualization
Joining a class is also a great way to meet other pregnant women in your area. Suitable for all pregnant women, from 13w of pregnancy right up to delivery, with or without prior experience of yoga.
Check our 60 min IN-STUDIO INTRO OFFER to book a TRIAL CLASS