Yoga Teacher Diploma
BWYQ LEVEL 4 DIPLOMA IN TEACHING YOGA
Sept 2021 – July 2024
If you have a regular practice and are interested in becoming a Yoga Teacher then this course is for you.
TUTOR: SUNNAH ROSE
SEPT 4TH 2021 at 3PM – 6PM
Prior to the course Sunnah will be running an Introduction Day which is an opportunity for you to experience a taste of a typical meeting.
On the day you will also be given more details about the course, and there will be a short interview with the tutor as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions and meet other prospective student teachers.
The cost of this day is £20 and if you finally decide to attend the course and be accepted, this amount will be taken off your total course payment. If you are interested in the Intro Day please click “Book Now” below.
MORE INFO FOR THE WHOLE DIPLOMA
Over 3 years this training will give you the opportunity to delve in to asana, anatomy, pranayama, meditation and the philosophy and history of yoga. You will build knowledge and confidence in all these areas which will not only help develop your personal practice but more importantly you will learn the skills to teach and share this knowledge safely and effectively as a yoga teacher.
This teacher training is regulated by The British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) one of the leading bodies of yoga in the UK and is Ofqual regulated, which means your qualification will be recognised through the UK education system. It is equivalent of a LEVEL- 4 attainment/first year of a foundation degree.
WHAT WE WILL COVER
You will be expected to spend 500 hours completing this qualification, 255 hours minimum will be tutor led, with the remaining hours made up of personal study.
- Applied anatomy and physiology of asana
- Teaching Asana: observation, adjustment and protection of vulnerable areas of the body
- Planning and delivering yoga classes and yoga courses
- Teaching basic breathing practices and relaxation
- Meditation and the philosophy behind it
- Teaching a meditation practice
- Finding you teaching style, different learning styles and responsibilities of a yoga teacher
- The business of being a yoga teacher.
- The classical foundations of Modern Yoga, Hatha Yoga and Pranayama
- Philosophy of yoga and its key texts
- Incorporating Philosophy, Pranayama, Meditation and Advanced Asana
HOW TO APPLY
Pre requisites: You must have at least 2 years experience of regular attendance to Yoga classes and a desire to learn
To Apply : Please contact yogaloom at firstname.lastname@example.org who will pass your details on to Sunnah
WHY THIS COURSE
Apart from being the highest level of Yoga Teacher Training in the UK what makes this course really special is the fact that you will be encouraged to start teaching quite early on in the course.
Not only will this help build your confidence a a yoga teacher, but will also give you the support you need in the initial stages of your yoga teaching career.
Initially you will start teaching your peers on the course, and this will be ongoing throughout the 3 years. You will also be encouraged to teach in your community as soon as you and your tutor agree that you are ready.
There will be 2 Assessed Class Teaching practices within the course where you will be observed and assessed on classes that you have set up. If this is a problem then do speak with your tutor to make other arrangements.
WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF YOU
- You will be expected to attend 80% of the course
- You will be asked to keep a pranayama journal throughout the course . While you will not be assessed on this you will be asked to show it once in a while as evidence of your continuing practice
- There will be set assignments throughout the training course which will vary from practical assignments (a teaching practice or presentation) to writing an essay, completing a worksheet, preparing a mini project, or producing a video or audio file, academic poster or infographic. This course aims to offer a choice to students in how they might wish to present their assignments.
September 2021 – July 2024
Second weekend every 2 months – apart from September dates which will be the third weekend.
Tuition fees are paid directly to the tutor and can be broken down in instalments.
Total Tuition fees are £3700. This will include:
- £1000 non-refundable deposit
- Tuition for 36 sessions with all handouts and worksheets
- Costs for assessed class teaching practices either at own venue or supplied by tutor
On registering to the course you will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of £1000.
The remainder of £2700 to be paid in 18 monthly instalments of £150 by standing order.
For more info and bookings…